Look in the mirror. Are you happy with your skin? If looking at your gorgeous face naked doesn’t make you smile, you need these tips.
- Drink your water. Your skin is your largest organ, and humans are made up of 55% water. Drink some. Drink more. The first step to well-hydrated skin is to hydrate from within.
- Moisturize me. (I really hope someone gets that reference) But for realz, moisturize your skin. Every morning, every night. Oily skin girls this means you too!! Get yourself a good oil-free moisturizer and go to town. Pro-tip: if you don’t moisturize, your skin will try to do it for you in the form of, you guessed it, MORE OIL!
- Don’t use coconut oil. I’m morally against food on your face, but coconut oil is the worst. It’s one of the most comedogenic oils you can put on your body, meaning it blocks your pores. I don’t know anyone who’d like a side of extra blocked pores, so pick a different oil if you feel you have to use one.
- Do use sunscreen. Always. Every day you need to have a sunscreen on your face and exposed skin. Did you know that most adult faces age faster on the left side? Because of no sunscreen and driving in cars! Also, sun damage is hard, if not impossible to reverse. Better to not let it happen at all.
- Exfoliate!! If you are over age 30 you probably have between 5 and 25 layers of dead skin on your face. It doesn’t naturally slough off as well as it did when we were kids. Dead skin on your face stops your moisturizer from being absorbed by the live skin underneath that actually needs it. I’m sorry to tell you this, but there is no such thing as zombie skin cells. They won’t come back to life, no matter how much expensive cream you put on them. Take them off and treat the living skin underneath to what it’s been crying for.
- Wash yo face. Twice a day. Use more than just water. You put makeup on and then walk around in pollution and all kinds of other nasty stuff. Wash that junk off at the end of the day. If you don’t wash all the dirt, dust, and gross off, it can clog your pores which can lead to blemishes, enlarged pores, and collagen breakdown. Guys, when collagen breaks down you AGE faster. Plus your pillowcase looks like a clown was murdered with it.
I give my Celebrities tips and tricks about skin care all the time. That’s just how we roll behind the velvet rope 😉