I loooooove life hacks. I have a whole Pinterest board of them! Time is precious, I’ll save any little bit of it I can! So here are my top life hacks for Translucent Powder, some of these might blow your mind 😉
Mary Kay Translucent Powder is a work horse, and anyone who knows me will tell you I love things that do more than one thing. It’s translucent, so it’s a perfect match for any face. It has light scattering properties, so it’s kind of like airbrushing your face, but no extensive photo shop knowledge is required.
- Set your liquid foundation – Duh right? But you should always set a liquid before putting powder over top. Setting liquids helps powders apply and blend easily.
- Bake yo makeup – one step further than setting is “baking”. Applying a thick layer of translucent powder in key areas and allowing to set or bake for a few minutes. When you dust off the excess, your skin looks flawless and will last all day.
- Get rid of mid-afternoon shine. Just dust a bit on your t-zone and you’re fresh and good to go!
- Emergency dry shampoo – oh yeah, you heard me. If it absorbs the oil on your face, it will absorb the oil in your hair. Just dust a bit at your roots and rub in with your fingers, then brush to distribute!
- Make any lipstick a matte lipstick. Just blot on some translucent powder with a small brush and mattify your favorite colour without drying out your lips.
- Get longer lashes. Say whaaaaat? You bet. In between coats of mascara, gently dust some translucent on the tips of your lashes. Then apply another coat of mascara. Build to astronomical lengths! Best part, if anything falls out on your cheeks, it’s clear and just sweeps away!
- Dust it on your eyelids before applying liquid liner to keep it from transferring all over the place.